Re: [SLUG] Off-Topic, Companion List

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 15:48:33 EDT

Agreed that constant chatter is annoying, but I don't think a thread of
of fluff every couple of weeks or so is going to kill anyone. Besides,
if it were not for a touch of chat here and there, what kind of boring
existance is that? I don't do chat. I don't use IM, I don't sign up
for chat lists and for a good reason. I don't have the time to waste.
But if a bit of comic relief comes my way from an obviously above
average group of intellectuals (in most cases), why not.

For the nature of the list, 5% fluff and 95% business seems good to me.
Although being new to this list, it may be 50/50 and be well deserving
of your criticism and deserving of more moderation.

Just my take on things.

Larry