Re: [SLUG] Installing Verizon DSL on Linux

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 22:22:55 EDT

> I had service by my activation date he was getting 1.5 Mbits down
> and 486 Kbits up on his equipment. Either way it's been fast enough for
> me to switch away from Road Runner where I was averaging 2.2Mbits down.
> Double the download speed wasn't worth the extra 50%/month RR cost me
> over Verizon.

   Are you paying for the 1.5 Mbits down, or for the standard
.7XX Mbits down?

   I get over 3 Mbits down from Road Runner as advertised, for
$15 over .7XX Mbits down DSL.

   You will enjoy the better news server retention and completion,
speed is not a substitute for retention and completion.
   I hope your DSL modem doesn't die.

--
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC