Re: [SLUG] Slow connection

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 06:10:16 EDT

I wrote earlier,

> > Where did DNS come into this discussion??
>
> DNS also came up when the OP noticed that getting to a web page was
slow,
> but stuff on that page would load fast. That's consistent with the
first
> nameserver not responding, and having to wait for the DNS timeout
every
> time before the resolver rolls over to the second nameserver.
>
> --
> -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm
home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

Then slowness of a DNS lookup, a potentially real issue is
of course separate from slowness caused by physical or datalink
layer problems, which would show up without regard to the
type (DNS, FTP, HTTP etc ) of data being used.

I may not have read the earlier postings sufficiently well, sorry.

Bob