Re: [SLUG] Re: Xandros Desktop OS Version 3 is out ...

From: John (nesredep@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 23:26:40 EST

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:27:13 -0500, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 21:50, John wrote:
> > Ummmm, some people might interpret your words...
> > " If you want to "pay" for a distro, the $89 Deluxe Edition is currently
> > my #1 recommendation for those coming from Windows."
> > .... as more than "relaying", especially coming from
> > "Mr-don't-talk-about-something-that-you-haven't-tried".
>
> Dude, could be _more_argumentative_?!?!?!
>
> First off, I don't have teleportation or other powers.
> Xandros Desktop 3 _just_ came out like yesterday.
> I'm trying to grab the OCE version as we speak.

Oh, sorry. There I go, taking things in context again <smacking
forehead>. Your subject heading said V3, and then you linked to a V3
press release, and then you linked to a "what's different with V3", I
just thought you were talking about V3.

> There is a _huge_ difference between other people talking about
> comparing 4-5 revisions back (with _major_ version/base changes) and
> myself talking about 1 revision (with _no_ base changes in the new
> revision).

I totally understand, and agree. But what about if it was 3 revisions
back? Or 1 revision with lots of base changes. Those of us who are
not experts need a formula, or maybe you could make up a table, so we
could see which topics we are allowed to talk about.

John