Re: [SLUG] Samba as a PDC - client de-railing thread??

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 11:23:02 EST

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 09:01, Backward Thinker wrote:
> > Ahhh.....the ever so lengthy Samba-Guide. I didn't do the
> > guide before, just the ever so short how-to's. At first
> > glance it looks like they what you to implement an
> > openLDAP-Samba PDC arrangement. Boy do I have _a_lot_ of
> > reading to do. I'll get back to ya'll later.
>
> An ldap backend would be overkill for the environment you
> describe. I would first just check out these two sections
> of Samba by Example (Samba-Guide):
>
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/small.html
>
> and if you want more:
>
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/secure.html
>
> Those installations use the smbpasswd and tdbsam backends, respectively. BTW, I don't think Samba by Example mentions
> LDAP until the 500 user office scenario :).
>
> The great thing about Samba by Example is John Terpstra wrote
> it so you can pretty much choose any "closest-fit" chapter and
> read it from there without having to read the whole book (though
> it wouldn't hurt!).
>
> ~ Daniel

Daniel,

One more thing....I noticed that your replies do not continue from my
original thread. It's not a big deal really....but I was wondering out
of curiosity what mail client you are using that is doing this?? Does
it strip the thread info from the header on accident?? the only thing I
see that is different from the mails that are in thread is In-Reply-To:
is missing from your header. Again, just curious as to the cause. Your
replies are helpful to me in thread or out of it! :^)

Mike