Re: [SLUG] unable to use d-link print server with fc-3

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 09:52:50 EST

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 21:02, Desprado42D@netscape.net wrote:

All,
I'm a newbie who just installed fedora fc-3(i386). I use super racks so
that I can switch out the whole hard drive with os's rather than dual
boot. Fedora boots up and will go out on the web thru the router with no
problem. But no can print. I tried using the printer setup util in knomb
but no good. The router is a di-704p set up as part of microsoft network
with the printer attached to it. I know the ip address of printer but
don't have a clue about setting up this *&*^%$ printer. Guess I'm too
use to plug and pray ;-).After you stop laughing please help.

Ken

Ken,

Are you trying to set the printer up as an LPD network type or trying to
use the printer model driver?? We have a standalone D-Link Print
Server here that works great using LPD.

Mike Branda Jr.