[SLUG] For the love of Plone

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 22:10:18 EDT

On 4/27/05, Veit Schopper <veit@urxn.org> wrote:
> ok there is the next advertisement plone :-(
> but that sounds like a cms for the slug site. i'm a little bit callow for
> other cms, but plone can do that. btw not plone, but it's a nice calender
> product to install and (i think) it's not problem to code a simlple cron to
> check if there some jobs to do.
> i think there are enough other cms to do that. if slug is a not profit
> organization (i don't know, sorry for that conclusion - i realy don't know) i
> have the ressources (server at a university, thats the reason why non
> profit ... ) and have know how to implement to do that. someone else could
> implement it into the orig. homepage.

Russell Hires (Rusty) has been working on making a Plone site for SLUG.
It's basically functional: http://www.village-smurf.com:8080/Test_SLUG

The next logical step is to replace the SLUG webpage with that,
but the problem is SLUG is currently hosted by NKS, and it seems that
in order to set up Plone Rusty would need more access to the system
than currently we have.

Now, as to slug's status as profit or non-profit, as far as I know it
has neither status. Perhaps Paul and/or one of the other officers
could enlighten us on this subject?

Also, I believe (if you have not) you should talk to Rusty. I'm sure
he would like some help. Perhaps Rusty will comment on this thread, if
I give it a Subject: with "Plone" in it. :-D

--
"Oh, all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that ever I've done, alas it was to none but me.