Re: [SLUG] For the love of Plone

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 23:10:00 EDT

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:10:18PM -0400, Dylan Hardison wrote:

<snip>

> The next logical step is to replace the SLUG webpage with that,
> but the problem is SLUG is currently hosted by NKS, and it seems that
> in order to set up Plone Rusty would need more access to the system
> than currently we have.

Not just more access, but having zope and plone installed on the host
computer. Perhaps just as important, the ever-changing content of the
SLUG site (yes, really) must be mirrored under zope/plone.

> Now, as to slug's status as profit or non-profit, as far as I know it
> has neither status. Perhaps Paul and/or one of the other officers
> could enlighten us on this subject?

Well, since no one benefits financially from it, you could say it's
non-profit. But officially, it has no status.

Paul