[SLUG] Linksys WRT54G Firmware

From: 404 (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 03:35:42 EDT

A power surge a month or so ago forced me to get a new router for the
house, so I decided to get a Linksys WRT54G as the firmware on it has
been hacked up by a few people.

I'm currently running HyperWRT (hyperwrt.sf.net) and was wondering if
anyone has had any luck with the others out there. I tried the sveasoft
firmware and it pretty much bricked my router (that and their practices
are not what I would consider beneficial to the GPL / community) and my
router version (2.2) is not supported by OpenWRT...yet.

When I say that the sveasoft firmware bricked my router, the 4ports were
dead but the wireless worked, so I could get in to it and play around
with it. The options it had were very nice but if it can't pull an IP
via the RJ45 it's no good.

I just wanted to see if any other sluggers out there were using modded
firmware and if so what are they using / how is it performing.

Matt (404)