RE: [SLUG] Apple shifts to Intel

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 21:56:57 EDT

>>Mac OS X will always be tied to Apple hardware and Apple-compatible
hardware.

Yeah, that's the funny thing...

The Mac II had NuBus slots, SCSI discs, Motorola 68000 CPU, and Apple
hardware for graphics. Today, they have PCI slots, IDE discs, ATI hardware
for graphics. Once they change to Intel, there's not much difference
between a PC and x86 Mac. It's slowly morphing into a PC with an Apple OS.

Or will they leapfrog the PC and move to Itanium?

A multi-processor Itanium 2 w/9MB L3 cache would be quite the hot rod...

Ken Elliott