Re: [SLUG] WRT54G questions

From: Matthew Burke (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 07:27:12 EDT

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 21:48 -0400, Donald E Haselwood wrote:

> I presume you got your unit unbricked.
>
> Don

Yes, it was a pretty serious PITA. Sveasoft swore that it was my router,
saying that if their firmware didn't work chances are that no other
firmware would work either - including the linksys default. Obviously
they were wrong, as both hyper and the default work fine.

I just checked the OpenWRT site and it seems that my v2.2 router is now
supported, I think I'll read up on it and see how it compares to what
I'm using now. I'm not looking for super features galore, just something
with a little more umph. Hyper works great and is very subtle, I had to
look at the changelog to see what was different as the http interface
was almost unchanged from the default firmware.

What are you running on your v3.0? When you access the device is
everything in RO or can you RW?