Re: [SLUG] verizon dsl

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 09:14:55 EDT

> Well, yeah, that response was a little harsh... however, I will back
> up what the parent post is saying. They do simply read from a
> script. I tried telling the tech support about 20 times that I'm a
> consultant, I know what I'm doing, I've tried that already, I've tried
> that already, I've tried that already, and so on. They make me try it
> anyway... that was annoying.

In Verizon corner. When I hooked up to DSL several years ago I called
tech support to help me set up my browser / verizon account. The lowest
level person quickly realized that me running Linux was over his head
and bumped me to level 2.
Well I ended up with the direct phone number to a level 3 technician. I
installed Opera which worked with their system and I got a job offer
from them (I made more money building boats so I turned them down). I
would rate it a positive experience.
I am a happy Linux / Verizon customer.

Joe Brandt