[SLUG] Level3 & Cogent feuding again

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 00:37:37 EDT

Well, they're at it again. I don't know when the stuff officially hits the
fan, but for some of us it's November 9. Quoth one of my professors at USF:

,-
| After restoring connectivity to Cogent Communications (USF's ISP), Level
| 3 will maintain this connection only until 6:00 AM, November 9th.
| USF is Cogent, but AOL, and Earthlink, and most of the ways you access the
| Internet from home are Level 3. So, IF this happens, you will not be
| able to get to Blackboard, or your USF e-mail, or OASIS from home. There
| are two exceptions: tampabay.rr.com has established a direct connection
| to USF, so if you subscribe to Road Runner in the Tampa Bay area, you will
| still be OK.
'-

I wonder how long it'll be before massive customer backlash forces them to
restore the connections.

Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic
communication?  Consider this: A: No
                               Q: Can I top post? from nick@xx.co.uk