RE: [SLUG] uptime

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 21:41:09 EST

>From: "Ken Elliott" <kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com>
>To: <slug@nks.net>
>Subject: RE: [SLUG] uptime
>Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:47:18 -0500
>
> >> My confuser crashes several times a day, always has, most any image
>viewer will do in within 2 or 3 minutes. (it's because I am running dozens
>of applications,
>I suspect you have defective RAM, or another issue. My Win2K box has not
>crashed once all year long. Ditto with my Linux boxes. My XP box did, but
>that is clearly due to the wireless drivers.
>I'd look into it. This should not happen, no matter how many apps you run.
>
>Ken Elliott

I agree; it sounds as if some of your hardware is failing. If not the RAM,
it could be the power supply unit. Whenever you put a heavy load on the
system (running several applications) there is more strain on the power
supply and lack of power could cause the reboot. Could also be something
damaged on the motherboard (like leaking capacitors) or some other issue.

Consider taking it somewhere to have it checked out.

-Jonathon