[SLUG] Converting my son

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 15:35:45 EST

Hello Sluggers,

Been trying to convert my son from Windoz to Linux for several years now.
Finally he had enough of the Windoz problems that he agreed to let me
install my SuSE 9.2 on his machine.

Popped in my 9.2 disk, the SuSE splash screen came up and then I got a
message in a little square box that stated:
"Out of Range." and gave the following numbers. "Hf46.4 Vf 86hz" and
gave the proper ranges of, "30-80khz Hf & 55-75 khz Vf" So his
monitor, a 17" lcd is evidently out of range. The machine froze at this
point and would not proceed. Have never seen this before. Has anyone
seen this before or can help me get around this?

Related, or maybe not, and the final straw was, when he couldn't get
past this "blue screen" message in W98. This was coincidentally ? or not
? right after he had installed a new additional DVD drive. The message was:
An OE exception has occurred at 0028:00000002 in VxD ---This was called
from 0028:C1C 33500 in VxD voltrack (04) blah blah,blah.
Is this the same thing as what I saw in the SuSE install screen? (If you
know or even care)

Anyway here is my chance. Please help.

Bob S.