Re: [SLUG] spamassassin vs pine

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 10:07:47 EST

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Eben King wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Mike Branda wrote:
>
> > I'm going to do some looking into the BL/RBL thing and find out if the
> > SuSE default setup comes with that stuff. Your analysis will hopefully
> > guide you with any custom scoring if we don't come up with anything
> > else...
>
> Update:
>
> I wrote a script (63 lines) to extract the raw counts for each test from two
> groups of messages (I suggest "spam" and "not spam", but it's up to the
> user.

Since I posted that, I've received *no* spam that I can see. Not that I've
received the usual amount but SA worked, zero pieces. This is troubling --
not that I miss it, but I wonder if I messed something up and messages are
going directly to the bit-bucket, do not pass Go. ~/.procmailrc still
starts with

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

(At the top it says "SpamAssassin sample procmailrc".) I'm still getting
non-spam (at least, enough to make me not worry _too_ much). How can I
verify that stuff still works the way it should?

VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
for you.  Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
head impaled upon a stick.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_