Re: [SLUG] WEP key generator.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 11:20:02 EST

On Thursday 16 March 2006 10:19, Richard Morgan wrote:

> Police say Smith admitted using the Wi-Fi signal from the home of
> Richard Dinon, who had noticed Smith sitting in an SUV outside Dinon's house
> using a laptop computer."

That seems very dumb. I mean if you got a SUV and a laptop then you probably
have a home and internet connection too. Which means he either had nefarious
intent which is dumb, or was just plain dumb.

Probably he was trying to hack him, or more likely someone else, via his
connection.

The funny thing is that being a criminal and be good enough to not get caught
means your character leaves a lot to be desired. Which means your life will
suck. And it's a lot of hard work, with downsides that are far worse than
loosing your job. The payoffs are not worth all the pain and suffering.

So you got to be dumb to pursue that line...

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.