Re: [SLUG] Rumors of demise

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 17:34:09 EDT

steve szmidt wrote:

<snip>

> Since there is a lot of subjects and different interests I could imagine that
> a web page where would be presenters could offer to speak about something.
> Where want to be audience could ask for things to be discussed/presented.
> Then everyone could just go there and see what is going on or put their desire
> on the list and we'd all have a good idea as to who, what where and when.
>
> This in itself can be an interesting SLUG project.

We had a list of topics one time, created by Ed Centanni. Big list of
presentation topics. No one was interested in doing them. That's always
the problem with presentations. I used to push this at every Tampa
meeting, and I could almost never get anyone to do one. I ended up doing
some (exceptionally weak) presentations myself.

--
Paul M. Foster