Re: [SLUG] Torrent Question

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 19:42:40 EST

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Paul M Foster wrote:

> I've never used bittorrent before, but I installed bittorrent-gui
> (running Debian *nst*ble).

I always download files using btdownloadcurses, because downloads sometimes
take days, and I don't want the download to be interrupted if I crash X.

FWIW, decent sites I've found are http://mininova.org/ and
http://isohunt.com/ .

> Firefox figured out to pass it off to btdownloadgui to handle. That
> program asked me where I wanted the download file to go, and then
> proceeded to attempt to download it (I assume). Then it stopped with
> this error:
>
> rejected by tracker- Torrent unauthorized
>
> What does this mean? Again, I know next to nothing about bittorrent. Do
> I need an account with a bittorrent server or something?

1. $person offered $torrent pointing to $file.
2. $site listed $torrent.
3. $person changes his mind and removes (access to) $file.
4. You download $torrent from $site and try to get $file from $person (and
    others).
5. $person doesn't offer $file, therefore $torrent is unauthorized.

Try a different .torrent, maybe it'll be from a different source.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.no-ip.org:81
CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person... but