[SLUG] slow connection

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 12:57:54 EST

Okay. this question is not so much a Linux question as a
networking/modem question, but you guys are a bright bunch, and I know
that it's not beyond your abilities. Since I moved all of my computers
from the living room to the home office, my browsing speed has
dramatically decreased. I didn't want to mess with the cable company to
get another jack put in, so I just teed off from where they had it
coming through the wall and ran a cable through the attic to get to the
home office. There is a TV in here, and the signal is quite fuzzy when
we ever turn it on (suffice it to say less than frequently). I'm kind
of thinking that the cheap-o coaxial tees that I purchased may be the
culprit, but I have to also wonder if the teeing itself is my problem.
I know they make cable signal boosters, but I haven't heard of anybody
using such a devise upstream of a cable modem. Have any of you used one
of these things in an application like this? I would just hate to waste
the money if that wouldn't work. Thanks in advance.

--Michael