Re: [SLUG] slow connection

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 22:47:23 EST

Michael,

If it is merely a tee and not a signal splitter, then there will be a mismatch
to the coax. As I picture your setup the cable comes into the wall
connector. As some distance from the wall connector you inserted the tee.
With the wall connector open there will be reflections, which will "suck out"
certain frequencies. With it terminated there will still be a mismatch, but
the effect won't be so bad. You could try one of those 75 ohm cable
terminators. Or, try a signal splitter instead of a tee. Or, if you don't
need the old wall connection, cut the coax, put a connector on it and a
female-female to connect to the coax going to your office.

As Chuck said, it could be some big-time loss. Signal boosters are one-way,
so upstream signals would be blocked; however, maybe they have some new
versions that act as "repeaters" for this type of application.

Don, W4DH