RE: [SLUG] slow connection

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 22:47:56 EST

Usually, the cable company puts a splitter just before the cable modem. One
side of the split goes to the modem (50% of the signal) and the other side
goes to the TV, or another splitter. So if you have two TVs, they each see
25% - half of the split signal from the first splitter. (That's not exactly
how it works, but it's close enough.)

I'll bet you moved the cable modem to a "25%" connection. You might be able
to rewire things to allow a stronger signal to get to the modem. Each
splitter drops the signal strength even more. You want the modem directly
connected on the first splitter, and you want it to be a 1 to 2 connection,
and to be of very good quality.

Ken Elliott