Re: [SLUG] hardware ? and Linux

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter33@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 18:41:17 EST

On your advice, I looked at the Phenom quad and you are right. I did build
a box that is better and few pennies less. I might buy 2 video cards and do
SLI. That will be interesting. How much RAM do you have? I see a lot of
AMD MBs that have 16gig RAM, how do I get that much RAM or close to it? If
I can find a way to expand to at least 8gig that would be great.
GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128075

I am still not getting this RAM thing. Do I have to buy 2 sticks of RAM or
can I 2 2gig sticks. This is what I am thinking of getting. What do you
think?
GeIL Value Series 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144064

William