Re: [SLUG] fios

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 06:13:59 EST

Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

Hi Robin!

> I'm on straight DSL service myself. Can't get FIOS here yet, and
> Brighthouse Cable was not overly reliable when I had it. Versizon DSL
> isn't fancy or fast, but it seems to work for me essentially all the
> time, no sweat.

Oh, that I should enjoy such a blessing!

My DSL dies every few minutes for a few minutes and then comes back on
without my doing anything. This happens mainly between the hours of 5 pm
and 3 am. Other times it is fine all the time for hours.

I talked to an install guy who is putting in fios and he thinks the
problem I have is that verizon has oversold their capacity and they are
doing a rotating blackout to ration their bandwidth around to the
demand. Special place in hell for them if that is true.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.