Re: [SLUG] Boot Open SUSE 11.1 Live CD

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 00:43:13 EST

On Saturday 14 March 2009 12:59, Donald E Haselwood wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I'm little puzzled by your question. No user or password
> is needed.
>
> I put the Suse 11 live CD in and boot the computer. It
> comes up with a screen to select the program (e.g. Suse 11,
> memory test, etc.); select Suse 11 and it loads. When it
> completes the loading, the lower left hand corner has the
> green ball (Suse lizard?). Click that and
> select "computer", Yast, System, Partitioner. Continue
> past the warning that you can screw up the HD if you don't
> know what you are doing and presents a nice layout of all
> the HDs and partions. Of the ones I've tried I like the
> Suse partitioner presentation best.
>
> Donald Haselwood
>
> > What userid and password do you use to just boot this
> > disk? I find all kinds of stuff on installing it, but I
> > just wanted to try it first on the refurb T43 Thinkpad
> > i got my wife. I like to repartition with a live cd

I am using OPEN SUSE 11.1 Live CD.
It has a log in screen. It seems to use linux as the user name.
For the password I've tried linux, demo, self, a blank, root
and it either says login failed or cycles thru and presents me
with the same login screen.
I tried looking at it in windows and couldn't find any readme files
explaining any thing about it.
The Simply Mepis live CD ran in windows and told me exactly what
to do and I successfully ran it. The Mepis disk even let me look at
the hidden partition and had a copy option for it.
One of the reasons I would like to run the live cd first is to see if
built in wifi works on SUSE 11.1. The T43 has an Intel Pro 2915 ABG
builtin card.

                              Richard Smoot