Re: [SLUG] sound editing programs?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 10:05:56 EDT

> audacity = Audio editor for recording, slicing, and mixing audio.
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net

I've worked heavily with Audacity and I like it. Yes, you need to use
LAME to import files from the proprietary MP3 format and to output them
back to said proprietary format, but it should do what you want to do
with no problem.

One thing Audacity has going for it is excellent & thorough
documentation. (I had a little to do with this.)

I even use Audacity as my secondary audio editor under Windows for the
Sony Vegas video editing suite. It's at least as good as most of the
proprietary sound editing programs out there for what I do.

- Robin