Re: [SLUG] mP3s from vinyl?

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 29 2009 - 08:49:11 EST

> So, say the cartridge makes some sound when I rub it. If it does then I
> get the belt. I expect then that the turntable will play but the bass
> will be tinny. Once I get to that point I can tell if the speed is OK.

   The needle could still be badly in need of replacement from wear or damage.
A worn or damaged needle can ruin the record as you are playing it and give a distorted playback.
(on one or both channels) It needs to be examined with a microscope.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - The only real problem is death is so final.