Re: [SLUG] webcam image control

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 03:33:19 EST

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009, Chuck Hast wrote:

> As to capture I would probably start out with VLC, the good old swiss
> army tool of video... I have used it to capture video off of USB cams, I am
> assuming that is what you have.

OK, I installed VLC and tried to make it DTRT. It prints a few errors to
stdout. One is

[00000296] pulse audio output error: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused
[00000296] pulse audio output error: Pulse initialization failed

Not a biggie, but how do I tell it not to use pulseaudio?

The other sounds bad:

[00000300] v4l demuxer error: cannot get capabilities (Invalid argument)

Where can I go to enter my webcam's capabilities? The mplayer command I use
is:

mplayer -tv fps=15:noaudio:width=640:height=480 tv://

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     http://royalty.mine.nu:81
Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic