Re: [SLUG] New SLUG President?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 18:01:13 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:

> And I've been leading this group since 1998, over a decade.
>
> I think that's long enough.
>
> At this point, "running" the group doesn't take up that much of my time.
> But I think it's time for someone with more enthusiasm for the job to
> take it over (some may say it's way *past* time). Someone with some
> fresh ideas, maybe. Someone who wants to spend more time on the website
> than I do. Someone who doesn't mind handling silly users who can't seem
> to get themselves off the list. Etc.
>
> So if someone wants the job, please contact me. If you'd like to
> nominate someone (who's agreeable), let me know. If you know someone who
> would be a *terrible* choice, let me know that too (offlist).

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your service. It will be hard to fill your shoes.

While not a "terrible choice", I am fairly sure that "Joiks" would not
be up to the job, although he/she might try.

Haven't heard much from the old gang lately.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.