Re: [SLUG] is there tar to rpm utility

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 12:26:37 EDT

Hi all:

> So back to my original question.
> I'm looking for a tool that will create a valid spec file from the
> information contained in a tar file. I can do this by editing a spec
> file template. But was looking for maybe a shell script that would do it
> a little quicker. Or a utility that would do all the steps needed for
> creating an RPM file from a tar file.

 I don't know what a RPM file really is, I do run rpm2gtz
on them if it is the only format I can find.
Humor a dummy (Slackware user) here please, if you have
the gtz version of a program, why do you need to make it
into a RPM form?

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm