[SLUG] Questions regarding setting up a new web-site

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 12:20:28 EDT

Hi,

        I want to set up a new web-site http://www.thelinuxusers.net as
a project to learn php/apache and some netwrking.
Can i my put homepage to recognize "IE" and display a message
that this web-site does not support IE and you should have
betscape/mozilla to view this.Or will i be violating some law somewhere.
Right i even don't have an idea what to put but i am just sick of
websites proclaming to be only "IE".

        i would be very much obliged if i can get some ideas on what to put
on that website(linux related). Although i feel there are already everything
for linus users(The only reason to put it is to learn php) but if there is
anything that is missing which you have noticed i would really aprecite
if you can give me some feedback on that.

Thanks & Brgds
ranjan