Re: [SLUG] Remote X,...Ding!!!, Round 2

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 09:39:32 EST

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:35:12 -0500, btt@nethouse.com wrote:

-> I have an I810 in a box here. The box itself is one of those
-> "bare-bones" type systems. The audio and video are on the MB.
I'm
-> required to load the agpgart to use XFree86. I'm loading the
standard
-> agpgart module (with i810 support) that comes with kernel
2.4.19.

Sounds like a match! Tell me what you mean when you say
"required to load agpgart". When I installed, RH8 seemed to
recognized the 810 and set up both video and sound successfully.
 I basically did NOTHING to make sure that agpgart is installed.

However, when I lsmod (on virtual console 1), I get:

Module Size Used by Not tainted
i810 72736 1
agpgart 43072 7 (autoclean)

So I have assumed that the standard agpgart module is loaded.
Did you do something special?

John