Re: [SLUG] Samba madness

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 20:57:42 EST

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Patrick Grantham (at work) wrote:

> Comparing to my samba.conf I note the following differences:
> [global]
> # I don't have:
> encrypt passwords=yes
> #I have also implemented the M$ registry key to plain text passwords
> on the clients.
>
> # You don't, but I have:
> lm announce=true
> domain logons = yes
> domain master=true
> preferred master = yes
> wins support = yes
> unix password sync = yes
>
> On my clients I have the samba server IP in the M$ WINS settings and
> an entry in the clients host file with the samba server's netbios host
> name and IP.

Well, I implemented all these changes. Changed the Win2K registry for
plain text passwords, restarted, updated the WINS setting, added all this
stuff to smb.conf, removed the password thing, etc., etc....

The result? No change. [sighs]

Made sure the lmhosts and hosts files on Win2K had everything they need,
but to no avail.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com