Re: [SLUG] Computer Fair?

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 16:38:20 EDT

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 15:17, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> While you can get some gear there at almost wholesale prices, I would
> recommend that you plan in advance for things you wish to buy. You pay at the
> door, so it's sort of like paying for shipping from an online retailer in a
> way.
>
> Pricewatch.com is your friend.

This is very good advice. I attend the Ft. Lauderdale show when it comes
down here. They have very good prices on cases and often memory, but you
can probably do as well online for hard drives, motherboards and CPUs. I
prefer to buy from vendors that have local shops since it makes
returning merchandise easier. Having a printout of prices really helps
me in avoiding the traps and is also useful for bargaining.

At the last show I bought a refurbished Sony 17" monitor for $50 and
several cases for $38 apiece. These same cases were online at $60 to $75
plus shipping.