Re: [SLUG] Links directional??

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 08:46:31 EDT

when you start Mozilla and go into the submenu Help-->About-Plug-Ins,
does the resulting html page generated mention anything about java? If
so, could you cut & paste the java section in a reply? Also, what
version of mozilla, linux distro, and blackdown version are you using?
There are issues with recent versions of mozilla being compiled with
either gcc 2.95 and 3.22 and the newest Blackdowns are with gcc 3.22.
Also, check this out below from the blackdown website
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/INSTALL-1.3-j2re

Java Plug-In install instructions:
==================================

Please remove older plug-in versions before installing the 1.3.1-02b-FCS
plug-in. E.g. remove ~/.netscape/plugins/javaplugin.so and
~/.netscape/java/.

* Mozilla / Netscape 6.2

  Create a symbolic link from
  <Java2 SDK installation>/jre/plugin/<ARCH>/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so to
  one of the directories Mozilla/Netscape 6 searches for plug-ins.
  E.g.

   % ln -s /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so \
     ~/mozilla-0.9.6/plugins/
  or
   % su # become root
   % ln -s /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so \
     /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

  Note: It has to be a symbolic link, copying javaplugin.so will NOT work