[SLUG] {SPAM?} OT - Spilled Coffee on Laptop, help

From: ethan zimmerman (lists@ethanzimmerman.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 13:49:16 EDT

My mom just spilled coffee on her laptop, so I need some suggestions on
cleaning. Here's are the details
 - The coffee was black (no cream, no sugar)
 - The laptop was tipped upside down immediately (for drainage)
 - The laptop had "turned itself off" (which I'm guessing means it
shorted)
 - the battery and wireless card were removed

I think those are all the important details. Any suggestions about what
to do would be helpful. Right now I think the best course of action is
to field strip it and let it dry (possibly rinse with distilled water
and let it dry).

-ethan