[SLUG] {SPAM?} Linux gui programming

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 16:50:30 EST

For doing small (home/hobby type) gui base projects, which language would you
recommend? I've been looking at Qt, GTK, and Java, and each one gets touted
as the best.

I've struggled through the learning with WN98SE, C++, wilth MFC (and it's
miserable documentation). Getting over to Linux is now the goal. I would
like to avoid the situation of investing the time and effort in learning only
to discover that I picked one that was on its way out, a dog, obsolete, etc.

Don