[SLUG] choppy audio over IAX trunk in Asterisk

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 14:02:50 EDT

Hi,
I believe we have some other Asterisk users here so I figured I would
post this.
I have an IAX trunk between 2 Asterisk servers, I'll call them A and B.
Whenever there is a call placed over the trunk to connected stations the
audio from B is always choppy\garbled. Audio from "A" is always clear
from B's perspective.

I've ruled out bandwidth\jitter\latency issues (SIP calls between A and
B are fine.)
Both Asterisk servers are also on dedicated underutilized hardware.
Both Asterisk servers do not have zaptel hardware and load ztdummy for
timing.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks!
-Chris