[SLUG] Linux Classes

From: Joe Brandt (bytemepc@directvinternet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 22:29:55 EST

In one of the entries on the "Linux Missionaries" thread, it was
proposed to have newbie classes. I would like to be the first student
to sign up. Although I have successfully loaded Mandrake several times,
I am really quick to break it and have to load it again. I am more than
an ordinary mouse pusher and would like to learn about stuff like
setting up a webserver (I was given an old server to play with). I have
it (the server operational at my home but NFS does not work. Samba
works with Microsoft 98 and 2000 but I have a hard time when I boot
Mandrake 9.0 in networking. I have gone to meetings in Brandon and
Sarasota and find that they are at a level well above my comprehension
(for now). I do not forsee ever doing this for a living as I can not
afford formal training and certifications. [above is the explination
for me volunteering to host the database].

I am willing to travel to Tampa or St. Pete. Heck, one of you
supergeeks could probably make some nice coin if you could find a dozen
or so students.

If this does not materilize I will continue plugging along as best I
can. (no pressure here)

Joe Brandt
Bradenton